Dundee: Will, Petr, Dominik, June, Simon, Mark, Chris, Helen, Kenny, Balaji, Simone, Roger,
Remote: Sebastien, Jean-Marie, Ola, Josh, Wilma, Melissa, David,
# Agenda - 2:00pm Start #
1. Accepting minutes from [last meeting](https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/community/minutes/conference-calls/2017/2017-01-31-tuesday-team-meeting)
1. Project Timelines (2-3 minutes each)
1. [Files/Formats](https://trello.com/b/IBHfAIMP/bio-formats-5-3-x)/[OME Files](https://trello.com/b/wA1T35Ld/ome-files-0-3-0) (Sebastien)
5.3.3. Released last weeks. Congrats all.
5.3.4 work started - board open etc.
Formats meeting - good to know what’s important for 5.3.0
OME files: benchmarking results being analysed.
A couple of critical issues: writing pixels, reading metadata.
Request extension of paper. Fix as many bugs fixes as possible.
Features for 0.3.0: C++ 11 Tiff compression. Performance
Pushing extended metadata work to 0.4.0
any breaking changes.
1. [Metadata](https://trello.com/c/XQXwX6jj/6-metadata) (Josh)
1. Ontology deliverable going out
1. demo33 deployment
Still issues with clouds at EBI
Still annotations to update
1. demo34 planning
Still planning stage
Evolving, but focus on analysis and scaling up
1. ITR & NEUBIAS
1. [OMERO 5.3.0](https://trello.com/b/FoyfXCaf/omero-5-3-0)
1. [New Roles](https://trello.com/c/t0nT7KYa/133-new-role) (Mark)
* this week reviewing “user management” role to,
* allow group leaders previous powers, like create user in their group
* prevent privilege elevation
* next week hope to look at checking/adding `can*` methods on object permissions so clients more easily know current user’s powers
* these “new roles” changes make the server run somewhat slower: performance needs investigating and improving
* update script testing
* Test SQL updates
1. Chris Java 9 issues (JavaDoc etc) resolved?
JM - most issues resolved (server starts) but docs issue not fixed
JM: can turn off JavaDoc
1. Probably need a sql script to “migrate” annotation from wellsample/image to wells. Following major changes in UI.
Chris: not much annotations on Plate now, except Tables.
Mostly at Well level rather than Image level.
Some users do have lots of Image annotations
Chris: view Image - need to see Well metadata at same time
Josh to Portugal
Josh: http://cytohack.com/ London. Cell tracking hackathon
1. Other releases/upgrades:
1. Any post patching issues noticed by team?
We have snapshots but can’t keep for too long
VMWare nodes being prepared
1. Glencoe Update (Chris)
Using new BF tiff-writing.
Seb: some scalability issues but otherwise OK, tests etc.
Nice to have pre-calculated pyramids in one file.
performant storage (cf OMERO 4)
Progress on OMERO read-only mode: multiple servers for scalability.
Roger: used sub IFD tag to read subresolutions from standard TIFF
code as possible to get working solution.
1. AOB (5 mins max - technical discussions should be highlighted to relevant people and rescheduled)
- Help guide pdfs - what do we want to do about these now Gus isn’t here to do them? Is everyone doing work on the help website prepared to edit the pdfs too every time or do we want to move to having pdfs be internal for training and just update them when we need them?
- J-M: a limited number of PDF is used. Getting started, configuration. We already have template to generate pre-training those ones.
- J-M: pdfs not downloaded very much. We only use ‘getting started’ for training.
- Helen: will open PR to remove links to PDFs.
- Helen: would like to move site to Jekyll markdown instead of editing html