Dundee: Will, Kenny, Jason, Jean-Marie, June, Balaji, Roger, Helen, Ola, Simon, Simone, Dominik
Remote: Eleanor, David, Sebastien, Liz, Chris, Stick, Andreas, Josh (at Janelia)
# Agenda - 2:00pm Start #
1. Accepting minutes from [last meeting](https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/community/minutes/conference-calls/2017/2017-03-21-tuesday-team-meeting)
1. Project Timelines (2-3 minutes each)
1. [Files/Formats](https://trello.com/b/IBHfAIMP/bio-formats-5-x)/[OME Files](https://trello.com/b/WFYWCvoV/ome-files-0-4-0) (Sebastien)
- CMSO mulitmot - coupling imaging and analytical data
- Followup - get experimental metadata files.
- BF- external PR from mpi. Reader addition
- OME-Files - Oxford user consuming OME files
- Minor release soon with features requested by community
- Timeline not set yet, before Dundee meeting would be nice
- JM: meeting workshop on OME-Files?
- Jason: modalities and complexities of imaging acquisition increased a lot since start of OME project.
1. [Metadata](https://trello.com/c/XQXwX6jj/6-metadata) (Eleanor)
- IDR meeting last week
- Submissions: biostudies submission portal. Met with biostudies.
- Analysis: use-cases discussed, good progress
- Working on two datasets, idr0026 (immunotherapy) and idr0034 (HipSci)
- Release scheduled for next week with idr0026, annotation updates and update deployment with a separate web user
- Next months work
- More datasets.
- Working with BioStudies so they can receive imaging submissions
- Upgrade to jupyter to allow whitelisting users
- Ola - upgrade the version of OMERO used in IDR to 5.3.0
- Simon - calculating WND-CHARM features on more datasets
- Proteasome analysis.
- Preparing presentation for users’ meeting.
1. [OMERO 5.3.1](https://trello.com/b/99FNECY9/omero-5-3-1)
- 5.3.0 Release last week.
- Looking to port useful IDR features back into mainline. Thumbnailing etc.
- Matlab (Balaji) and R (Dominik) for analysis - Users’ meeting prep
- Moving more functionality to OMERO gateway - SPW features
- Jason: showing workflows using full stack, using IDR / big data
- Part of improving data-in, data-out, data-download “the straw”
- Weekly analysis meeting starting on Friday
- JM: web apps pip installable -> Douglas doing same for webtagging
- Josh at Janelia
- Simon and Kenny going to Ansible meeting
1. Other releases/upgrades:
- Updating release board for using Pypi
- Looking to release on 17th April
- Working on ROI permissions
- Will: Adding ROI support to JSON API
- Aim to release first week of May
1. new website
- Started weekly meetings on Mondays
- Updating layout of OMERO section
- Currently deploying via github pages to build & host jekyll site
- JM: will eventually migrate figure.openmicroscopy.org into new site.
- Helen: more content work in progress
1. Sysadmin (current board and recent PRs)
- Kenny: separate web VM for 5.3.0 on nightshade
- Need to setup SSL for logins etc.≠
- School need to update to latest Insight before server upgrade
- Specs and deployment firmed up for new nightshade on RHEL 7 VM.
1. Glencoe Update (Chris)
- Pathviewer webinar at end of month
- 5.3.0 investigation for pathviewer
- Horizontal scaling with Douglas etal
1. Mtools testing and new build needed for nightshade upgrade
1. User meeting update
- Workshop schedules on gdocs
- Some external workshops
- Tricky to organise 3 sessions]
- Finish with “free-for-all” depending on demand
1. Reverse OSAR (30-60 mins)
1. AOB (5 mins max - technical discussions should be highlighted to relevant people and rescheduled)