Dundee: Petr, Dom, June, Jason, JM, Mark, Helen, Simon, Kenny, Balaji
Remote: Ola, Roger, David, Chris, Andreas, Melissa, Wilma
1. Accepting minutes from [last meeting](https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/community/minutes/conference-calls/2017/2017-04-04-tuesday-team-meeting)
1. Project Timelines (2-3 minutes each)
1. [Files/Formats](https://trello.com/b/IBHfAIMP/bio-formats-5-x)/[OME Files](https://trello.com/b/WFYWCvoV/ome-files-0-4-0)
David: preparation for 5.4.1 release, aiming for the end of this week. Still one external PR
1. [Metadata](https://trello.com/c/XQXwX6jj/6-metadata) (Simon)
Simon: new dataset and annotations. Docker server is ready to go for feature calculation.
Jason: new datasets are coming in.
1. [OMERO 5.3.1](https://trello.com/b/99FNECY9/omero-5-3-1) (J-M)
1. ongoing IDR-omero reconciliation
J-M: There are several PRs opened to get thumbanils and metadata to main line.
1. bugs fixing
J-M bug in sharing noticed recently
Mark: reviewing cards from inbox
1. [OMERO 5.4.0-m1](https://trello.com/b/VkiONV40/omero-5-4-0-m1-new-role)
1. Roles work not included in 5.3.0
Mark: focusing now security system handling model objects. We will have to look at performance later. Few integration tests are failing.
1. [database triggers approach](https://github.com/openmicroscopy/openmicroscopy/pull/5204) prevents privilege elevation via update service
- getting this working was the most challenging pre-5.3.0 blocker
1. Petr is checking existing `can*` methods on OMERO model objects
- Mark’s tests of `can*` methods now pass
- Mark to investigate Petr’s failing `can*` test
- Mark to add `canChgrp`, `canChown`
1. performance improvements to come later, perhaps by,
- caching more information with session
- replacing Java checks with more database triggers
1. roles devspace fails a couple of OmeroWeb integration tests
- hoping for Will’s help in understanding them once he’s back
Jason: Josh in Janelia, will present next week
Simon/Kenny: Ansible meetup in Edinburgh.
J-M: keeping an eye on other meetings deadlines
1. Other releases/upgrades:
1. Worked on [release app template](https://trello.com/b/Vp1FQ2Da/web-app-release-template)
1. weberror, [webtest](https://pypi.python.org/pypi/omero-webtest),
[gallery](https://pypi.python.org/pypi/omero-gallery) new version on pypi
J-M: Releasing web apps.
1. Prep for release.
J-M: rois in figure will be loaded using API (omero-marshal) in next version
1. ongoing work on permissions
Mark: more testing on the go
1. new website
Helen: Petr signed off on omero pages. PR will be merged this afternoon. Lisa will then work on graphics and development sections.
J-M/Helen: There are few cards for suggestions.
Helen is away next week
1. Sysadmin (current board and recent PRs)
Kenny: nightshade VM facilitating 5.3.0 tested successfully. During downtime we will sync data with GPFS.
1. Glencoe Update (Chris)
Chris: Preparing PathViewer webinar, Work on BF and horizontal scaling.
1. User meeting update
Jason: trying to get final list of titles of presentations. Publishing agenda next week.
1. analysis Jupyter/R-matlab. [Notes](https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tmkATaKeMC4DocMUnXDTRiDKtsrsCMIkFtW5gqR2Of8/edit)
Balaji: trying to set up R-matlab with Jupyter, so far successful with installation but facing some issues with docker.
1. AOB (5 mins max - technical discussions should be highlighted to relevant people and rescheduled)
Monday morning coffee 10:30