Dundee: Will, Kenny, Jean-Marie, Petr, Mark, Dominik, June, Balaji, Helen, Simone, Roger, Chris,
Remote: Melissa, Wilma, Liza, Sebastien, Emil, David, Eleanor, Jason,
# Agenda - 2:00pm Start #
1. Accepting minutes from [last meeting](https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/community/minutes/conference-calls/2017/2017-06-20-tuesday-team-meeting)
1. Project Timelines (2-3 minutes each)
1. [Files/Formats](https://trello.com/b/IBHfAIMP/bio-formats-5-x)/[OME Files](https://trello.com/b/WFYWCvoV/ome-files-0-4-0) (Sebastien)
- Last patch release of 5.5.x (5.5.3) in preparation
- Then work on next set of architectural changes
- Tiling benchmark progress. Low level tiff - strips vv tiles.
- Complete over next couple of weeks. C++ and Java
- OME files 0.4.0 out soon with tiled OME-TIFF support.
- Ilastik group contact - io level C++ for use in Python.
1. [Metadata](https://trello.com/c/XQXwX6jj/6-metadata) (Eleanor)
- Eleanor: Josh & Simon been preppring Read-Only server for cytohack
- Balaji working on notebook for querying genes etc
- Eleanor prepping workshop
- Looking at Tara annotations Plate -> Wells
- Bio-studies: csv templates for uploading / annotating generic image annotations
- JM: OMERO.forms useful? Eleanor: probably not since they have established workflow already
1. [OMERO 5.3.3](https://trello.com/b/iMLTpTt4/omero-533) (J-M)
1. 5.3.3 out today
- Develop will include Roles work (5.4.0) after release.
- Docs - 5.4.0 PR already open
1. End of summer - internal workshop on webclient etc.
1. Other releases/upgrades:
1. 3.1.0 to be released tomorrow
1. 0.2.0 to be released tomorrow
1. [new website](https://trello.com/b/6W7nuoE8/website-020)
1. “Volunteers” will be needed to migrate some news posts [Trello card](https://trello.com/c/aTdBNblP/18-news-migration)
1. Styling work - PR opened for docs, currently ome-internal but later will be all docs.
1. Everybody to do 4 news items each. See PR on card as an example.
1. Update from smuggler/now moving to [omero-ms-queue](https://github.com/openmicroscopy/omero-ms-queue)
1. [Release v1.1.0-beta](https://github.com/c0c0n3/ome-smuggler/issues/11)
1. Next: further tidy up and breaking up / refactor.
1. Sysadmin (current board and recent PRs)
- Been monitoring number of sessions and unique users for demo server and nightshade.
- Will start planning deployment of new website.
1. Glencoe Update (Chris)
- Trying to get out microservices. Thumbnailing & tiles
- Performance analysis.
- Rendering engine performance improvements - work in progress
- Unit tests for OMERO.web tile rendering arguments. E.g. compression settings.
- Also need to improve docs for tile rendering
- Next: Bioformats startup times.
1. Summer plan
- Next target/deadline: Global bioImagin 15-16/09/2017 http://www.eurobioimaging.eu/content-page/exchange-experience-ii
- Another stop for IDR roadshow: IDR 0.5.0
- What do we want to show?
- Release/deployment plan:
- OME Files Java -> BF 5.6.0 -> OMERO 5.4.0 -> IDR 0.5.0
- OME Files Java/BF 5.6.0 15/08
- OMERO 5.4.0 31/08
- Post summer: 5.x series
- Moving towards Zero API breakage
- What does it mean:
- Stable for next 18-24 months
- Move towards “release by deliverable” E.g. next is Cambridge Training
- Adjusting our coding/work practise
- More version to code/test against
- Why? “Monolithic OMERO” is “Deprecated”
- Break into smaller pieces:
- Python plugins
- API addition driven by Apps
- Need easy access to 5.2, 5.3, 5.4 etc
- Apps/microservices deployment
1. AOB (5 mins max - technical discussions should be highlighted to relevant people and rescheduled)
- OMERO benchmarking for wider adoption at Imperial
- make subsequent team meetings all-zoom, no meeting room?
- No limit on zoom numbers now
- JM- try it over the summer
- June: won’t cancel room bookings yet - trial period.