Dundee: Kenny, Roger, Seb, Mark, Balaji, Simon, Petr, Simone, June
Remote: JM, Dom, Josh, Eleanor, Chris,
# Agenda - 2:00pm Start #
1. Accepting minutes from [last meeting](https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/community/minutes/conference-calls/2017/2017-06-27-tuesday-team-meeting)
1. Project Timelines (2-3 minutes each)
1. Spaces - 14:00
1. [Files/Formats](https://trello.com/b/IBHfAIMP/bio-formats-5-x)/[OME Files](https://trello.com/b/WFYWCvoV/ome-files-0-4-0) (Sebastien)
- Bio-Formats 5.5.3
2 releases ready
Almost ready to ship
Announcement open as a PR
Test/Release likely tomorrow
- OME Files 0.4.0 incl. Tiled OME-TIFF writing
Tested successfully, all passed, EOB today
Tiled OME-TIFF files major feature
- Bio-Formats 5.6.0
Focus to shift here, isolation, decoupling,
low-level (codecs, decoupling TIFF)
Couple of milestones: integration of decoupled codecs
Some time next week for milestones. Then integration to OMERO 5.4
Breaking changes to Bio-Formats cache? Not sure. Perhaps for serialisation, not API.
1. [Metadata](https://trello.com/c/XQXwX6jj/6-metadata) (Josh) - 14:03 UK
well. Few issues with server falling over. Was using production41 (will never get live)
Moving towards production42
Top-priority: BBBC021. Used by 4-5 presentations during the 1st day of Cytohack. Need to focus on getting ROIs and annotations in. Need to check license.
to scale further.
1. [OMERO 5.4.0](https://trello.com/b/SiqOu2Bl/omero-540)
1. Roles PR to be merged (DB changes) Any vetoes? then tag 5.4.0-m1
Current state of PR: breaks C++. JM: let’s merge PR if no objection
post-standup: chat about OMERO 5.4
Next target: global bioimaging
Few abstracts: Big data in biology and health pushed to July 28th
NEUBIAS meeting in Sweden
Heidelberg Seeing is Believing ? To be discussed
1. Other releases/upgrades:
1. Figure 14:14 UK
1. Release 3.1.1 out. Bug fixing with older figure. To be deployed on nightshade this evening.
1. Need for a schema to be discussed. Ongoing discussions. Also useful for consumption in notebooks.
1. new tag 0.2.0: version currently running at Montpellier
1. List of [issues](https://github.com/openmicroscopy/omero-ms-queue/issues) detailing changes to come
1. [new website](https://trello.com/b/6W7nuoE8/website-020)
1. 0.2.0 is due next week. 12 July iirc. Goal: freeze both content and styling for 1st live deployment.
1 To raise any real blockers for deployment
1 Thanks to all PRs. More review this evening.
1 Pagination, styling small updates
1 On track. Background: docs - no longer a blocker
To start deployment strategy mock-up. (isolated OME based deployment)
Expect to have prototype for next week / code freeze
To drive identification of blockers/issues for deployment
1 All to be reviewed next week
1. Sysadmin (current board and recent PRs) - 14:19 UK
bug. Triggered process of fixing bug.
reverseIntensity. Did this potentially break other clients than figure? JM: was making assumption that the information was there.
more lightweight than copy of NS db.
alongside/following the website work.
1. Glencoe Update (Chris) - 14:24 UK
Still working in microservices, scalability, rendering engine (this week)
1. Presentation by Seb “website and downloads and docs”
(Clarification over style coupling mtbc/sb)
Review: mtbc: a dev server? Jenkins HTML plugin can build the staging version. Probably don’t need a second redeployment step.
Roger: plonematch.css? Is it standalone or inheriting from default sphinx theme?
Seb: Have a look at the PR. We don’t rely on anything else.
Jason: Definite improvement.
1. AOB (5 mins max - technical discussions should be highlighted to relevant people and rescheduled)
Josh: when is the next Users meeting?
Need dates to organize
Petr: sound check last Friday. Quality of these meeting varying.
room. Problem with the audio/soundboard. Trying to get another microphone (1 in front of each table). Suppress secondary conversations in the meeting room. Also reduce objects on the desk/typing unrelated to the meeting.