Dundee: Mark, Dom, Petr, Kenny, Simone, June, Jason, Simon, Balaji
Remote: Seb, Josh, Chris, Eleanor, Emil, Melissa, David, Liza
# Agenda - 2:00pm Start #
1. Accepting minutes from [last meeting](https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/community/minutes/conference-calls/2017/2017-07-04-tuesday-team-meeting)
1. Project Timelines (2-3 minutes each)
1. [Files/Formats](https://trello.com/b/IBHfAIMP/bio-formats-5-x)/[OME Files](https://trello.com/b/WFYWCvoV/ome-files-0-4-0) (Sebastien)
- Ramping up on 5.6.0 including some work on the ImageJ plugin
- Upcoming discussions on the codec decoupling
- Sphinx style (see website below) is now applied to model & Bio-Formats ( & OMERO) documentation.
1. [Metadata](https://trello.com/c/XQXwX6jj/6-metadata) (Josh)
- prod42 testing & going live
- still bugs. Trying to prevent server from timeouts. Preloading
- should have a round of testing in the next few days
- still plates with data-level issues (reader?)
- still deciding whether we are confident with the code (IDR on OMERO 5.3). No strong concerns about perform
- prod43 general plan.
- new board (IDR 0.4.3). Mostly working on existing metadata in the system. Adding ROIs when we have them
- unclear whether new BBBC dataset will be in
- try to release in the next 3 weeks
- datasets (sysgro, mitocheck, tara, rohban, secretion). Example scripts for parsing ROIs.
1. [OMERO 5.4.0](https://trello.com/b/SiqOu2Bl/omero-540)
- Discussing cards this Thursday morning, especially Inbox. Need to get in good shape for final push with Jean-Marie and Will back next month. If not already noted then please do note or prepare to discuss any cards where:
- it’s clear it *should* be in 5.4.0 or some prior milestone
- it’s clear it can be pushed beyond 5.4.0 and is unlikely not to be
- it’s not clear what it’s about or who would do what, when.
- Mark: now adjusting CLI plugins’ is-admin checks for restricted admins while Dom looks at more client fixes
- Mark: plan to cut m2 at end of this week
- Dom working on a few client issues
- Josh: biggest risk?
- Some web TODOs which aren’t a big problem but will be starting quite late.
- Performance may still be an issue, but looks largely ok. (Primarily during adding new users & groups)
- trying to merge other (read-only) work from IDR?
- IDR included first read-only branch. Testing difficult at best, requires knowledge about the deployment. Would not be something one would rebase in its current state.
- Infrastructure work (bring CI to CentOS 7)
- Simon: PG version? targeting 9.4 as minimum.
largely people’s laptops. Few people apart from us showed up with infrastructure.
general image processing
Abstracts to BigData meetings in Sep/Oct sending tomorrow
Jason presents. Need volunteer.
Not doing full IDR workshop at Bangalore
1. Other releases/upgrades:
1. Figure & iViewer
- Compatibility testing with 5.4.0. One problem where light admin is exporting figure without right data permissions
- Minor issues in iViewer like why do I need WRITE when deleting a ROI.
- Balaji: representativity of scenario where light admins are working on figures as they are doing things for others. Petr: crash happens when working on other’s data.
1. new website (Seb/Liza)
- Approaching content/style freeze.
- Deployment work is underway. No longer hosted on GitHub.
- Top-level menu is “News” not “Community” but omits “/news/” from URLs.
- Going live for the 19th of July
- Old web page is available at http://www-legacy.openmicroscopy.org
- Click testing as soon as Friday.
- Liza: tablet testing would be welcome
1. Sysadmin (current board and recent PRs)
- JRS: where will the website run? Currently on LSC VM; will be on our own.
1. Glencoe Update (Chris)
- Working on microservices & file-formats at the moment.
1. AOB (5 mins max - technical discussions should be highlighted to relevant people and rescheduled)
- new hire