back to Announcements

11th July

Dundee: Mark, Dom, Petr, Kenny, Simone, June, Jason, Simon, Balaji

Remote: Seb, Josh, Chris, Eleanor, Emil, Melissa, David, Liza

# Agenda - 2:00pm Start #

1. Accepting minutes from [last meeting](https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/community/minutes/conference-calls/2017/2017-07-04-tuesday-team-meeting)

1. Project Timelines (2-3 minutes each)

1. Spaces

1. [Files/Formats](https://trello.com/b/IBHfAIMP/bio-formats-5-x)/[OME Files](https://trello.com/b/WFYWCvoV/ome-files-0-4-0) (Sebastien)

- Ramping up on 5.6.0 including some work on the ImageJ plugin

- Upcoming discussions on the codec decoupling

- Sphinx style (see website below) is now applied to model & Bio-Formats ( & OMERO) documentation.

1. [Metadata](https://trello.com/c/XQXwX6jj/6-metadata) (Josh)

- prod42 testing & going live

- still bugs. Trying to prevent server from timeouts. Preloading

- should have a round of testing in the next few days

- still plates with data-level issues (reader?)

- still deciding whether we are confident with the code (IDR on OMERO 5.3). No strong concerns about perform

- prod43 general plan.

- new board (IDR 0.4.3). Mostly working on existing metadata in the system. Adding ROIs when we have them

- unclear whether new BBBC dataset will be in

- try to release in the next 3 weeks

- datasets (sysgro, mitocheck, tara, rohban, secretion). Example scripts for parsing ROIs.

1. [OMERO 5.4.0](https://trello.com/b/SiqOu2Bl/omero-540)

- Discussing cards this Thursday morning, especially Inbox. Need to get in good shape for final push with Jean-Marie and Will back next month. If not already noted then please do note or prepare to discuss any cards where:

- it’s clear it *should* be in 5.4.0 or some prior milestone

- it’s clear it can be pushed beyond 5.4.0 and is unlikely not to be

- it’s not clear what it’s about or who would do what, when.

- Mark: now adjusting CLI plugins’ is-admin checks for restricted admins while Dom looks at more client fixes

- Mark: plan to cut m2 at end of this week

- Dom working on a few client issues

- Josh: biggest risk?

- Some web TODOs which aren’t a big problem but will be starting quite late.

- Performance may still be an issue, but looks largely ok. (Primarily during adding new users & groups)

- trying to merge other (read-only) work from IDR?

- IDR included first read-only branch. Testing difficult at best, requires knowledge about the deployment. Would not be something one would rebase in its current state.

- Infrastructure work (bring CI to CentOS 7)

- Simon: PG version? targeting 9.4 as minimum.

1. [Outreach](https://trello.com/b/Da6OAWam/outreach)

1. Other releases/upgrades:

1. Figure & iViewer

- Compatibility testing with 5.4.0. One problem where light admin is exporting figure without right data permissions

- Minor issues in iViewer like why do I need WRITE when deleting a ROI.

- Balaji: representativity of scenario where light admins are working on figures as they are doing things for others. Petr: crash happens when working on other’s data.

1. new website (Seb/Liza)

- Approaching content/style freeze.

- Deployment work is underway. No longer hosted on GitHub.

- Top-level menu is “News” not “Community” but omits “/news/” from URLs.

- Going live for the 19th of July

- Old web page is available at http://www-legacy.openmicroscopy.org

- Click testing as soon as Friday.

- Liza: tablet testing would be welcome

1. Sysadmin (current board and recent PRs)

- JRS: where will the website run? Currently on LSC VM; will be on our own.

1. Glencoe Update (Chris)

- Working on microservices & file-formats at the moment.

1. AOB (5 mins max - technical discussions should be highlighted to relevant people and rescheduled)

- new hire

back to top