Attending: J-m, Josh (notes), Petr, Frances, Seb, Dom, Mark, David,
Simon, Wilma, June, Melissa, Andreas, Jason, Chris, Emil
Start: 2:00 pm
(2-3 minutes each)
Idr0064 ready for import once data migration is completed
Seb: EBI is performing final data checks of the migration.
Hopeful that we will get a green flag this week. (Needs reforwarding…)
General outline of a minimal project along with some extensions
Focus is on raw data access, not (yet) rendering, etc.
Simon: Provisional quote for VMWare and GPFS license renewals
Waiting for someone to look at seabass server in datacentre
Jason: maxquant server is also down (ticket filed)
Mark: soon (days) will look into step1 of mail migration from
necromancer, namely finding the configuration and backing it up.
configuration with newer versions of the packages.
I.e. not moving to google apps
Focusing on postfix, mailman, and apache
Need various SPAM handling configurations needed
getting it to work (without understanding all the details)
up nightly via TSM
Or dropping legacy?
Glencoe - 14:16
Still migrating OMERO Plus instances.
Variety of issues with Python versions (3.5 – 3.7)
issues that need nailing down, e.g. memory requirements.
Mark: upcoming questions on pixelbuffer microservices
Primarily consumed by internal analysis tools.
omero-guide-mde, contributed by Susanne.
everyone on the team wants to participate
Practice with BioImagingUK:
Somewhat smaller meeting
Updates to web site:
See recent updates from Liza
Seb: program will need back-linking
At the moment, can’t even tell there is a meeting
personal arrangements need making.
JRS: question of timing with timezones
Also: zoom video processing isn’t working too well at
Turn-around of many days
Pre-recording may not work in our type of forum
Or some other processing tool?
How to handle registrations? Soon to start.
(5 min. max; tech. Discussion should be highlighted to relevant people and rescheduled)
Annual Leave, Extra Annual Leave, Family Leave…..
things swirling around about partial cuts, furloughing, … Status of research funded salaries? No one knows, but currently being paid.
handle it. Continue handling it as previously.
but definitely things are being missed. Post prominently if you see anything. Chance for OME/GS to make large contributions.
(20-25 minutes plus 15 minutes questions max)
Josh: feedback that artifacts are built sooner. (timeline)
Simon: push security tests to public after n weeks.
J-m: problem of exposing attacks
Mark: would be good if all the tests were regularly run
Simon: optimizing upgrade
stakeholders agree to it. E.g. dev must be updated first.
Seb: where should we spend time before the next one
Josh: make the decisions when we’re not under pressure
Need to dust off the process periodically (once a year?)
Petr: the two testing servers were beneficial
Simon: use omero-py as the next test?
exported to aggregate the deploy repo and the pypi one.
simplify testing. (Have done that on the GS side.) Make the dependencies looser in the individual jars (5.6+)
Mark: Missing steps?
Manual download of omero-web
Staging website update (not in devspace ecosystem) - Seb: can
look at that.