Attending: Petr, Josh, Dom, Jason, J-m, June, Wilma, Melissa, David, Kevin, Erin, Frances, Will, Chris
Start: 2:00 pm UK
(2-3 minutes each)
- Next release, 3 new studies, to be released Thursday (worst case: Monday)
- Just needs caching and last minute study file changes
- Jason: various discussions with EBI planning workshops in-progress (ETA: July)
- FYI: REMBI paper changes resubmitted.
- Benchmark: various pushes on getting accurate results, but still waiting on AWS creds.
- Aim to run on files ~ 1 TB and ‘not worry’ about the cost
- Nested fun: discussion points in https://github.com/bcdev/jzarr/pull/17 which may be impact on other Zarr implementations
- feedback welcome
- Do we need to fork the version 2 spec?
- Upcoming Zarr call to be semi-focused on rust though support issues may come up (see https://doc.rust-lang.org/nightly/rustc/platform-support.html and https://github.com/pyca/cryptography/issues/5771) - warning of issues with using rust
- Jason: status of Zarr V3 spec? Limited progress
- Few PRs (figure, web) but finishing up. ETA end of month? J-m: Yes.
- OME Code of Conduct Last call!!!!
- Posting later this week if all goes well.
- Seb has been patching systems
- Consider new password management (bitwarden on AWS?)
- Death of check_mk?
- Supporting zarr/jzarr progress
- BioFormats2raw to include default rendering settings from metadata logic from OMERO?
- Josh: Fiji users requested this? Move down to Bio-Formats itself?
- Workshop tomorrow
- Dundee Virtual Microscope announced by SLS
- Upcoming blog post about these types of tools?
- EuBI Virtual pub Friday (J-m/Josh)
- Jason at Bangalore Microscopy Course
(5 min. max; tech. Discussion should be highlighted to relevant people and rescheduled)
(20-25 minutes plus 15 minutes questions max)