Attending: Petr, J-m, Seb, Josh, Dom, Melissa, June, David, Wilma, Will, Chris, Jason, Kevin, Erin
Start: 2:00 pm UK
(2-3 minutes each)
- Seb: released last pre-OME2021 version last week
- Most datasets are in the verification process. Can re-evaluate if needed.
- Ramping back up after the users meeting.
- However have seen periodic outages since that release
- Requires omero-web restart.
- Have seen growing memory & DB locks.
- Chris: one customer may be seeing that under systemd (5.9.1)
- JRS: options? Seb: Testing this week. Potentially re-build IDR.
- Looking into upgrade OMERO server on IDR
- Some imports are incompatible with recent pattern file changes
- seealso: weekly workshop discussions
- J-m: have seen some limitations in OMERO.tables, etc. will become tickets.
- in the process of making things “FAIR”, using idr0094 to expose our work.
- NGFF - 14:09
- zarr.R: tomorrow evening (7pm UK)
- define single implementation of zarr
- Nested: still a lingering bug. see zarr-python#709
- ROIs: EOSS proposal
- Polygons support
- Bio-Formats-for-ROIs idea. Some interest elsewhere
- Seb - looking for IDR sample data
- 3D: most likely via dual pyramids.
- NDIM: interest in Bio-Formats API
- Anything other features to focus on?
- JRS: BioImage Ecosystem Advisory Panel
- Status of BIA
- NGFF, OMERO, and Bio-Formats for a public data resource
- Java docs PRs open TLS updates
- Seb: probably alsoneeds announcement to increase awareness
- Need to update client, use correct Java version etc.
- JM: aim to use GHA to simplify docs release.
- Work nicely on omeroweb-install
- need to rethink strategy after looking at server-installation.
- Chris: need to link docs to PRs so we know what versions have which fixes etc.
- Conversion tools updates
- Some feedback on ngff, directory separators etc.
- napari fails with some nested data - or shows black
- Needs better feedback for users
- Josh: Should work with latest version of zarr.
- Chris: do we want to support napari without ome-zarr-py?
- Josh: probably not
- Registration to open - today or tomorrow?
- Please register when available
- Workshops preparation in progress: Every Thursday at 10 am.
- see IDR section for comments
- On track for meeting.
- FYI: J-M working on project with EU-openscreen (as part of EOSC) using neo4j, orientdb. Could be useful later for OMERO
(5 min. max; tech. Discussion should be highlighted to relevant people and rescheduled)
- MBP vv Windows laptop vv Windows Desktop
(20-25 minutes plus 15 minutes questions max)