Attending: Will, Seb, Dom, Josh, Jason, Wilma, June, Melissa, Jean-Marie, Khaled, Petr, Kevin, Erin, Chris,
Start: 2:00 pm UK
(2-3 minutes each)
- IDR (Seb)
- prod98: HPA run 10. Issues with a few images that are a different size.
- Deployment updates
- Submitters asking for datasets to be released to coincide with publications
- Dom: idr0111 just completed importing
- Migration of IDR, s3 etc testing needed before production
- Jason: FIB SEM images, complete HeLa cell (https://openorganelle.org). 3D ngff viewers
- Involvement from the EOSC-Future folks in EMBL Heidelberg (COVID-focus ; largely infrastructure) - Connect to IDR with Galaxy - idr0094 and others. Compare OMERO api with zarr performance.
- Various (slow) motion on the zarr-python front, but still a lingering dimension_separator debate.
- After ELMI this week, getting back to 3D work and ramping up the metadata work. Q: work on using OME-XML in zarr for Metadata (already in use by bioformats2raw) OR go for JSON?
- insight 5.5.19/omero-gateway 5.5.6 out: fix the issue with special characters in password
- Jason: announcement, on website etc.
- Chris: many don’t use image.sc
- Josh: use image.sc for mailing list?
- Twitter @openmicroscopy has nearly 3k followers
- Petr: Insight vs Server users are different
- Bio-Formats 6.7.0
- omero-web scalability issues
- client doing more with larger datasets, but need to keep server perf in mind
- Josh: ship micro-service in main-line? Want to do this at some point
- OME2021 (Josh)
- Website updated with links
- Collecting materials, slides etc.
- Follow-ups, thanks
- Removing from template
- ELMI2021: RDM discussions
(5 min. max; tech. Discussion should be highlighted to relevant people and rescheduled)
(20-25 minutes plus 15 minutes questions max)