Attending: Will, Dom, David, Jean-Marie, Khaled, Seb, Josh, Frances, June, Melissa, Petr, Muhanad, Wilma, Andreas, Kevin, David Stirling, Emil, Chris,
Start: 2:00 pm UK
(2-3 minutes each)
- prod102: 2 new studies
- Showcase stories prep / discussion
- code-signing certificate approved. Avoid warnings on Windows10 etc. Needed 3rd-party to vouch for security process. Valid for a year.
- BioFormats DICOM support signed-off
- Josh: py-data-global Zarr position announced
- Workshop in 2 weeks: Turku
(5 min. max; tech. Discussion should be highlighted to relevant people and rescheduled)
(20-25 minutes plus 15 minutes questions max)
- OME roadmap/OKR
- Seb: original goals in September. Full export of collections + rendering +K/V as OME-Zarr and reimport
- Too ambitious?
- Axes spec. PR #57 and image.sc Should spec say SHOULD be zyx? Waiting on implementations:
- ome-zarr-py: scales in 2D: zyx
- vizarr: axis names OK, but not transformations, only handle zyx (not xyz)
- Validation Salad schema PR
- Some MUST rules can’t be validated by Salad - (see PR)
- Classes are “guessed” based on field names - Not JSON-LD class “type”
- Fails if a MUST rule is not met, but SHOULD rules not handled
- How to handle versioning?
- Don’t know how to split files up
- How to allow ANY key-value pairs?
- No decsion yet on whether to proceed with SALAD or if a different approach is needed.
- Various features / use-cases we want from validation, not just JSON checking. E.g. linking, search, RDF (JSON-LD features)
- Not enough time to cover everything in today’s meeting. Need another meeting - next week?
- Public v0.3 data
- Where to do conversion and hosting?