Attending: Will, Seb, Josh, Frances, Dom, David, June, Kevin, Khaled, Wilma, Andreas, Chris, Erin, Jason, David Stirling, Emil
Start: 2:00 pm UK
(2-3 minutes each)
- new, challenging datasets in progress. Needing conversion etc. Currently in testing
- Working on revamp of IDR website. Add videos etc.
- OKR status
- upcoming OME-NGFF community call
- learning curve but lots of progress
- 0.4 spec (axes + HCS) implementations & samples
- draft rendering specification
- validation, schemas
- Next steps
- critical need for support OME-NGFF in OMERO
- 4 or 5 datasets in IDR need this
- Blockers (Josh):
- capturing metadata from XML in Zarr
- Could do “metadata lite/weak”
- Glencoe solutions, use in IDR?
- Jason: target is to make OME-NGFF as well-supported as OME-TIFF
- Josh: OME-NGFF labels aren’t supported in OMERO
- Chris: Use OMERO-4-like strategy. OMERO knows about structure of data.
- Josh - to miss this meeting next week, please record
- Global BioImaging workshops today/tomorrow
- Jason community meeting: when, how (in person?)
- on-line meeting has more diversity
- but, spending time with community is good
- delay until September? More time to see how Covid situation develops etc.
- Josh: hybrid meeting? Jason: hard to do
(5 min. max; tech. Discussion should be highlighted to relevant people and rescheduled)
(20-25 minutes plus 15 minutes questions max)