Attending: Will, Dom, Petr, Frances, Jean-Marie, Seb, Josh, Khaled, David, Kyle, Melissa, Kevin, Suzanne K, Chris,
Start: 2:00 pm UK
(2-3 minutes each)
- planning to release today but issues:
- search indexing…
- released Dataset: well annotations
- Josh feedback: facet search & cross-indexing
- packages available for facet search. May need different indexing
- Do we need study metadata on Images and vice versa? For grouping (like mapr “give me Projects which contain Images with matching Key/Value”). But explosion in index size.
- Jason: No (not for IDR). Start with “find me studies with these keywords”
- Chris: ES not designed to do many-to-many joins with queries in both directions. Need to enforce e.g. Image in 1 Dataset
- JM: can do this with IDR, but not so generic for other OMERO use-cases
- ZarrReader integration - dependency discrepancies between OMERO and BioFormats. Will look at this till Thursday. If no solution, will not include in next OMERO release
- Build system investigation on-going.
- Not working as expected with ZarrReader
- Neuroglancer: https://bit.ly/3MQtk7y (code)
- Quarep & the metadata backdoor:
- generate metadata (OME.xml) file and store alongside data
- Jason: validation?
- FFMPEG (other movie formats) -> OME-NGFF conversion
- Chris: output will be much larger
- John Bogovic will host next NGFF call (v0.5, transformations)
- Ongoing min/max calculation, NGFF work…
- layout spec
- SLS workshop
- follow up meeting with user cf. analysis
- Small numbers but very engaged users
- ELMI feedback (Josh)
- iRODS - well received
- NGFF & VR (Warwick)
- Protocols.io OMERO widget (omero-web app?)
- MoBIE projects in OMERO (attach metadata to Project/Dataset)
- https://twitter.com/MicroscopyDB training community
- Suzanne: how to forward/delegate help requests to appropriate experts: i3D:bio or OME team?
- Meeting to discuss?
- many users reluctant to ask questions publicly (image.sc)
- Jason: hard to move an established discussion into public, best to start in public.
- OME meeting (virtual) looking like week of 14th November
(5 min. max; tech. Discussion should be highlighted to relevant people and rescheduled)
(20-25 minutes plus 15 minutes questions max)