Attending:J-M, Seb, Josh, David, Jason, June, Dom, Frances, Khaled, Melissa, Mina, Andreas, Wilma, Chris
Start: 2:00 pm UK
(2-3 minutes each)
- release yesterday idr0120 (prod108)
- testing new storage at EBI:
- ongoing working on access time
- reported to Matthew. Ongoing discussion.
- usability/credible solution to be evaluated
- other tools to be considered/tested as alternative solutions e.g. store in S3 and access from IDR
- SCL Python work
- Also threads about environment support (RHEL9 etc)
- Chris: patches for Ice/Ubuntu 22.04 not too critical. Some work in progress already
- catching up post holidays
- ramping back up on testing open PRs
- looking at last few fixes for a patch release.
- Timeline for release of the patch release will be aiming for getting remaining PR’s merged this week and looking at a release next week
- CZI single-cell RFA
- Upcoming proposal for NGFF/AnnData
- CZI EOSS4 reporting ongoing (EOSS1 finally closed out!)
- Assume transformations call is now post-summer
- Zarr 3.0 final review
- interesting questions about separation of metadata. MIght be something we could leverage
- jzarr implications
- meeting in the next week or two?
- Chris: perception of the handling of authorization/authentication has gotten worse. Huge implication on Bio-Formats/data access, providing credentials
- Possibly need to decide public vs private data and whether we need two solutions or can define a single one
- Focusing on customers related issues
- Channel approach in OMERO can be problematic in some cases.
- Extension to OMERO.web to support multi-users: Allowing to swith context
- Exposing features from CLI to Web.
- FYI: GBI course next year in Japan (first week of July)
- Community meeting (virtual):
- plan in progress, to be ready before end of the week.
- couple of days for presentation/discussion week 14/11
- couple of days for workshops (2 weeks later)
(5 min. max; tech. Discussion should be highlighted to relevant people and rescheduled)
(20-25 minutes plus 15 minutes questions max)