Attending: Will, Dom, Jean-Marie, Frances, Josh, Petr, Khaled, June, Kevin, Wilma, Andreas, Kyle, Tom Boissonnet, Chris, Jason, Melissa, Erin, Seb, David Stirling,
Start: 2:00 pm UK
(2-3 minutes each)
- IDR (Frances)
- release on Thursday:
- includes idr0144
- search-engine multi-node deployment
- Storage - discussing move of some HPA data to s3
- Reviewing remaining open PRs
- will include latest bioformats
- patch release 6.11.1 last week
- 6.12 milestone created for next year
- NGFF (Josh)
- http://zarr.dev/blog/zep1-update (& ZIC)
- NGFF refactoring?
- JupyterCon in May ~12th-14th (Paris) - deadline 12th Dec
- Zarr v3
- JM: some example notebooks using Zarr vv IDR API
- Will: Zarr v3 spec - layout differs from v2. NGFF spec currently specifies data layout with v2
- Tom: TIM2023 workshop: OMERO deployed on Hive for use in the workshop
- Plan to publish the OMERO DB that comes from the workshop
- Prepare ahead to expect various image types etc from the different workshops
- OMERO server should be suitable for image analysis requirements from workshops. E.g. CellProfiler connection
- Aim to optimise performance
- 15 image acquisition workshops - challenge to import from all at the same time
- Novice OMERO users in workshops - 4 or more data stewards to supervise
- Jason: vendor systems - what connectivity exists?
- Tom: last time: wired connections from vendor systems. Lots of wires!
- Hive CentOS virtual machine, OMERO installed with Ansible playbook. Modified playbook to add plugins etc.
- Glencoe (Chris):
- various PRs being reviewed / merged
- omero-web dependency upgrades, e.g. jQuery-UI
- BINA Question (Josh)
- how can BINA community help with training?
- Plan visit & workshop - Montreal
- Access to “Dundee” Systems, now and beyond
(5 min. max; tech. Discussion should be highlighted to relevant people and rescheduled)
(20-25 minutes plus 15 minutes questions max)