Attending: Will, Petr, Dom, Josh, Jean-Marie, Frances, Chris, Tom, Richard, David, Seb, June, Jason, Khaled, Kyle, Wilma, Andreas, David Stirling, Melissa,
Start: 2:00 pm UK
(2-3 minutes each)
- IDR (Frances)
- prod113 released this morning. idr0137 and idr0145
- HPA antibodies (9 datasets to follow in next release)
- Next release to focus on search work (search for studies)
- Aiming to release 30th January
- Jason: tweets? Frances: yes, after meeting
- OMERO (JM)
- omero-web release 5.17.0 is out
- Removed draft from dependencies related PR (included in the build tomorrow) and Chris’s session PR
- web planning call tomorrow
- Will: figure update ongoing - needs CI update (node.js)
- Bio-Formats (David)
- Reviewing open PRs for next release - end of month
- multiplexed meeting in Zürich (last week)
- good feedback and lots of interest
- …including in R: to image or not to image (user Python for images and R for tabluar data)
- Fractal framework is interested: https://github.com/fractal-analytics-platform
- SpatialData & Parquet
- Chris: seems to be a +1 for the strategy of opaque things in Zarr.
- calls (recent and upcoming):
- Janelia: new FAIR appointment
- community interest in “support” of jzarr
- Chris: need to get back to scalableminds and get a roadmap worked out.
- Plan for what to do with some of the libraries in the interim.
- i.e. get dependencies into a state that people can work on them.
- ETA end of January.
- nearly text from all
- next: work on figures
- Frances: upcoming light sheet data that might be useful
- tables spec
- what it takes to get it over the line?
- Will: only one dataset
- don’t think it will currently support spatialdata
- Will: have used prototype repo from Kevin.
- Josh: need to start working towards implementations if the specification is solid(ifying).
- GerBI (Tom):
- Hive OMERO installation: connection issues accessing Hive (server itself is fine). Windows/Hive.
- websockets is potential solution, or running Ubuntu on Windows
- Chris: how installing omero-py? Tom: using conda
- Glencoe (Chris):
- Meeting OME-SSBD. Dundee ~Mar 1-6
- From Carole Goble: EOSC-Life Defragmentation TS2 and THE NEUBIAS conference, Porto, 8-12 May 2023
- see https://www.openmicroscopy.org/events/ :tada:
- Chris: associate staff – anything we need to do? JRS: everyone renewed.
- Wilma: unclear whether or not that means an ID card. Definitely a staff ID number.
(5 min. max; tech. Discussion should be highlighted to relevant people and rescheduled)
(20-25 minutes plus 15 minutes questions max)