Attending: Will, Josh, Frances, Petr, Khaled, Jean-Marie, Maadhav, Seb, Richard, Chris, June, Andreas, Tom, Kyle, David, Melissa, Jason, Kevin, David Stirling,
Start: 2:00 pm UK
- Review location of meeting minutes and upda
(2-3 minutes each)
- IDR (Frances):
- Globus connection issues - ongoing work with EBI
- Format reader issues - idr0088 and idr0044
- Search engine permissions meeting - just IDR, then wider to include Glencoe
- Will: progress with NGFF Fileset swapping, working with idr0012
- Jason: how long till we can release something?
- Will: Not till all studies done - quite a long time
- JM: NB: this still requires psql steps - since not supported by API
- Cookies settings PR for web
- JM: Django 4.0 support: can’t test on merge-ci (python3.6) - lots of work to update. Need to decide on priority to spend time to upgrade. Busy till early June. Need to organise a discussion then
- Seb: Glencoe testing with Django 4.0 is looking good. Could release omero-web and/or apps as working with Django 3.2.
- Jason: plan time soon
- Bio-Formats (David)
- idr work (see above)
- 2 large external PRs - new/updated Readers Nikon, and Zeiss reader rewrite to fix perf issue
- NGFF (Josh)
- Papers - all submitted except 1 (later this week)
- contact from Nature journalist…
- HMS presentation - Vitessce etc
- Resources (website, etc)
- Meeting on Fridays
- Logo in time for paper?
- 0.5.0 - calls with Kevin & John on their PRs
- Beyond (Zarr V3)
- Spec agreed on
- Movement started on various implementations, e.g Rust
- OME will need to decide when to adopt
- GerBI (Tom)
- No response from Douglas
- fork -> tag search & auto-tagging apps
- JM: try David Pinto?
- pico-quant - work to support OMERO import
- End of CentOS7 support needs to be discussed
- Preparing to end new installs
- Rocky 8 or 9 for new RHEL targets
- Ubuntu also possible, not used by OME
- JM: lot of work to move off CentOS7
- Chris: 13 months till CentOS7 EOL
- ABRF meeting went well - lots of interest in NGFF by commercial and others
- BioIT world this week
- Frances: Ongoing prep for next week EBI imaging course (Monday, presenting Thurs/Fri) and ICOPs workshop (EOSC related) on Ontologies (related to https://open-phytoliths.github.io/FAIR-phytoliths/).
- JM presenting end of June - notebooks. Related to https://open-phytoliths.github.io/FAIR-phytoliths/
- Petr: Defragmentation workshop last week - cloud computing, Jupyter notebooks with NGFF, OMERO etc.
- University of Gadja Mada - Indonesia, training pathologists. Petr tending to demo.
- AHRI and SATVI/UCT
- large scale pathology work on TB
(5 min. max; tech. Discussion should be highlighted to relevant people and rescheduled)
(20-25 minutes plus 15 minutes questions max)