Attending: Will, Dom, Frances, Petr, June, Josh, Khaled, Muhanad, Maadhav, Melissa, Kevin, Chris, Kyle, David, Erin, David S,
Start: 2:00 pm UK
(2-3 minutes each)
- IDR (Frances):
- idr0143 big compound screen still importing. Taking longer than expected. Push release to next week. Also include idr0150
- Release will include search improvements
- EBI storage - on hold, permissions issues
- Will: mkngff workflow now in shape
- currently regenerating all SQL scripts for studies
- will be run on the upcoming idr-next deployment (pretty quick)
- biggest time block is regeneration of ALL datasets
- ZarrReader speeds are acceptable, e.g., 10 minute for a large plate
- but first a round of testing on a clean pilot
- David: lots of updates on the reader
- bugs & issues ironed out; performance much better
- good enough for now or another round of improvements?
- Petr: infra meeting this morning. Need help from Glencoe on ICE - Seb to migrate wheel repo to OME/Glencoe for official use? Chris: yes, plan to migrate to Glencoe. OME now has RHEL9 machine from UoD.
- Bio-Formats (David)
- reviewing open BF PRs
- will discuss in next week’s BF meeting. Possible patch release in 2 weeks
- NGFF (Josh)
- Tables spec. PR closed.
- Governance - how to resolve conflicts needs discussion. Standard process e.g. RFC. How to decide who votes?
- Zarr v3 (Brain, etc.) Sharding is a blocker for some. bioformats2raw that generates v3 would be a big help.
- pip install zarrita (scalable minds). Also Java work ongoing at scalable minds.
- GerBI (Josh)
- RDM conference - lots of new tools, reinventing the wheel! web apps
- Glencoe (Chris)
- infrastructure work in the background
- NGFF next steps? use cases?
- Community (Petr)
- Barcelona: Petr and Dom, CRG 7th/8th Nov.
(5 min. max; tech. Discussion should be highlighted to relevant people and rescheduled)
- NB: UoD power outage EOB today till tomorrow pm
(20-25 minutes plus 15 minutes questions max)