Attending: Will, Frances, Dom, June, David, Petr, Melissa, Seb, Khaled, Maadhav, Andreas, David S,
Start: 2:00 pm UK
(2-3 minutes each)
- NGFF (Will) - mkngff sql scripts in github, applied to all filesets on idr-testing: see https://idr-testing.openmicroscopy.org/webclient/usertags/?show=tag-38280641. Memo file generated for first fileset from each study.
- Now I’ve updated mkngff and the sql scripts to set
clientpath for every file to the corresponding s3 URL
- ZarrReader https://github.com/ome/ZarrReader/pull/64 Performace improvements works with mkngff but breaks import.
- TODO (for release): PR merge (idr-utils, ZarrReader), testing (e.g. performance), validation, memo file regeneration
- TODO (post release) cleanup/delete from s3 etc, documentation
- Q: what is the future workflow for NGFF data? Use
mkngff (not working for idr0125) OR import metadata-only (without chunks, then symlink)
- ZarrReader: need to figure out what changes needed to enable import AND Performance improvements.
- Andreas: omero-web release in due course, couple of questions for Will
- Petr & Khaled: RHEL9 testing of deployment. Server and web (with nginx) deployed 3 times. Running fine.
- SELinux issues with services
- Seb: production system soon (end of year)? Petr yes
- Seb: GPFS is next big “beast”
- Bio-Formats (David)
- 7.0.1 patch release yesterday. Announcements today.
- Kevin: permissions checking improvements - will need testing
- Seb: building ice binaries across various platforms, including Mac for dev
- Looking at python 3.11 support. E.g. Ubuntu LTS April next year.
(5 min. max; tech. Discussion should be highlighted to relevant people and rescheduled)
(20-25 minutes plus 15 minutes questions max)